<$BlogRSDUrl$>

fredag, september 26, 2003

For overseas readers: Check out Thierry Meyssan's well-researched card deck of the Bush regime's main background men, ideologues and extremists. I wonder how it would feel like to live in a country where these arses were in charge. I really do. In the more enlightened parts of the world the nutcases in the White House would be dubbed, yup exactly that, nutcases. People such as the completely bonkers John Ashcroft would be either laughed at or locked up in this country, and that's just one of them.

Dear Americans, how did you end up at this point? I've always criticised American foreign policy and embracement of total Capitalism, but this is...this administration is beyond everything. It was the great Mumia Abu-Jamal, I believe, that once said that

America will be the first country to be governed by a democratically elected Fascist government

It's sad to see, now, how correct he was! First the Patriot Act; then the revelation of (amongst others) Donald Rumsfeld's foreknowledge of the attacks on the 11th September 2001 (and the consequent deduction that this Government, too, long since had concluded that there's nothing like starting a war to get people to rally behind you...even if you've stolen the elections and half-destroyed the economy).

Then, the famous introduction of the "Evildoers" and "either with us or against us" by the least impressive politician fostered in any country since Richard Nixon. I mean, seriously. Evildoers? What is this, Lord of the Rings? Although it's tempting to dismiss some of the utterings of El Presidente Bush as simply playing up to a public passified by an uncritical media, I have increasingly come to believe that his words are his actual opinions (apart from the "leave no child behind" nonsense). The man has a conception of the world simplified as to be ridiculous. Only that when that conception of the world is held by the President of the world's most powerful country, it's not funny at all.

Because of the consequences; Bush's doctrine of pre-emptive warfare is the concept of Colonialization re-written, nothing else. I remember Michael Moore mentioning, once, how the American energy crisis (most importantly the massive use of car fuel and electricity) would force you into looking abroad for expansion of the resources at hand. Iraq is the second-biggest oil country in the world. Of course this is no coincidence; it would take a complete moron not to see the connections. Then again, I read somewhere that 70% of Americans believe that Saddam Hussein was somehow implicated in 9/11. I'd like to see the logic in that, but I'm not able to. Anyone?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?