<$BlogRSDUrl$>

tirsdag, september 30, 2003

Tough on sex, tough on the causes of sex
Aaah, it's a wonderful world. It's good to see that Indonesia has decided to do something to curb all that sex (english version here, or here.) Of course, we've always known that oral sex is lethal. It's good to see that American christian fundamentalists and Islamic fundamentalists are merging ever closer together.

No really, it's quite boring at the moment. The depressing thing about September in Norway is not the fact that we're all just waiting for the snow and the ice to arrive, causing its annual havoc. Far from it, the boredom of nothing happening is far, far more stifling. I'll explain:

Dread & misery
The football season is four matches from being over, and already, the bloody Rosenborg have won the trophy. My team lost to the bottom side over the weekend and are now in danger of slipping back into the relegation zone. Why do I bother? Well, it's not as if I have any choice. My father pulled me into it 22 years ago when he first took me to Åråsen stadium to see Lillestrøm. Back then we were actually quite good. Now, after 14 years of sweet F.A., things are decidedly different. Even my father doesn't bother going anymore. Why? Because we're crap. That makes perfect sense, of course, so why do I continue hoping, every April, that this year may, indeed, be "it"? Why, oh why, do I bother?

Blue bastards
Politically, Norway's pretty dead at the moment as well. After the dèbacle surrounding the local elections here in Oslo, I don't give a toss anymore anyway. The Right got the majority of the seats (though not the votes, see earlier posting) and will be in power for another four years. Already, they've managed to destroy public transport, public schools, the care centres for the elderly, all to finance a massive tax relief on property tax, which benefitted only those with huge villas, as you'd expect. No surprise there, of course, but it's sad that they will have another four years of destruction of my lovely city before the social democrats and the socialists get another chance to clean things up after them, the bastards.

"Anyone but Bush"
I've joined up on the messageboard of Democratic Underground. I've mentioned them before, but I'll do it again (if nothing else then because there's nothing else of interest to write about from Norway at the moment). It's a splendid website; if I were American, I must confess I'd probably not vote for the Democrats (Ralph Nader is more up my alley), but DU is a very useful resource for keeping tracks on things in the USA, under the religious-rightwing extreme government and social climate over there.

News from Norway!
*Bomb alert at Oslo central train station
All train traffic was stopped yesterday when two red, unidentified boxes were found in a garbage bin in Oslo's Central Station. It turned out to be two shoe boxes containing some old cooking books...
*Shamed journalist donates money to Afghanistan (for publicity, one assumes)
Disgraced journalist Åsne Seierstad, author of the much-criticised "The Bookseller of Kabul" has donated some of the whopping £500,000 she has made from her work to humanitarian organisations in Afghanistan. Strange that she should choose to do so now, eight months after the book was released and on the back of four weeks of disgrace. But hey! (Then rest of the article talks about her childhood, all the good values she was taught about solidarity and equality and blaaaadiblaaadiblaaaa....can someone shut her up already?! She lives in a five-bedroom house in the most expensive part of Oslo, so don't give me any solidarity crap. Go away, Åsne...)
*Norwegians the least religious people in Europe, survey shows
I have, of course, previously reported on how we Norwegians have the most casual sex in Europe. Well, another one of your favourite "tedious-tendensious surveys" have now shown that not only do we shag quite a lot, we're also the least religious people in Europe. 10% describe themselves as "non-religious", while only 9% regard themselves as religious above 8 on a scale from 0-10. I see a pattern here...
*Woman, fresh out of jail, caught stealing sex accessories
These absurd stories seem to come in endless supplies. What's wrong with this country? Now, a woman in Bergen has been arrested after being caught "red-handed with a large purple dildo, striped jailbird's outfit and a nurse's uniform hidden in her bag". I need a coffee....

Dagens linker
*Flere webkameraer!
*Kart og kjøreplanlegging, svært omfattende
*Lonely Planet, et bra sted å planlegge ferien
*London Underground - hvor ligger egentlig Elephant Castle? Finn det ut her!
*Mer kart! Informasjon om Europa og landene her. Kart-dagen i dag, altså.
*Planlegg bilferien med map-vista.com...
*Over til fotball. Fugla.com er en fin side med stadige oppdateringer om LSK og alt rundt.
*CIA er noe dritt, men de lager fine fakta-bøker
*Rage Against the Machine, verdens tøffeste band.

*...ok, en kartside til (Pål, følger du med?):Mapfinder er genial!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?