tirsdag, november 18, 2003
Oslo Open, a great tournament
Last Saturday I participated in the Oslo Open tournament in table hockey in what was a marvellous tournament. With participants from five countries - more countries such as one English lad and some Latvians were expected, but never showed up - it was a real international occasion, and a great tournament!
I finished 15th and was really happy with my own performance. Losing the 1/8 final against the world champion Daniel Wallèn was only expected, but at least my game is going places. With more practise and experience I will hope to do progressively better, of course!
Bloody-minded Russians and other links
Today's link section is table hockey-inspired -
**The Russians are new to international table hockey and supposedly making good progress, although none of them impressed me this weekend. Anyway, this web site (also available in English) is full of all kinds of stuff related in one way or the other to table hockey and a great resource, even if most of the really interesting stuff is only in Russian.
**Norges bordhockeyallianse, the Norwegian table hockey association, where I am currently chairman. Lots of statistics and information to be found here as well, although all in Norwegian, sadly. We're working on improving the site
**The Euroleague is the name of six tournaments spanning the whole of central and northern Europe which make up the "Champions League" of table hockey. This weekend's tournament was the second such tournament of the season - the next one: 7th December in Riga, Latvia. A Sunday. Can you believe that?!
**Finally, use this translation tool if you wish to translate stuff from the Russian site above and learn more about table hockey. And the mentality of the Russians, telling the world how they impressed everyone in Oslo with their hockey this weekend, which sadly isn't true...
More coming up later...when I have the time, that is! :)
Last Saturday I participated in the Oslo Open tournament in table hockey in what was a marvellous tournament. With participants from five countries - more countries such as one English lad and some Latvians were expected, but never showed up - it was a real international occasion, and a great tournament!
I finished 15th and was really happy with my own performance. Losing the 1/8 final against the world champion Daniel Wallèn was only expected, but at least my game is going places. With more practise and experience I will hope to do progressively better, of course!
Bloody-minded Russians and other links
Today's link section is table hockey-inspired -
**The Russians are new to international table hockey and supposedly making good progress, although none of them impressed me this weekend. Anyway, this web site (also available in English) is full of all kinds of stuff related in one way or the other to table hockey and a great resource, even if most of the really interesting stuff is only in Russian.
**Norges bordhockeyallianse, the Norwegian table hockey association, where I am currently chairman. Lots of statistics and information to be found here as well, although all in Norwegian, sadly. We're working on improving the site
**The Euroleague is the name of six tournaments spanning the whole of central and northern Europe which make up the "Champions League" of table hockey. This weekend's tournament was the second such tournament of the season - the next one: 7th December in Riga, Latvia. A Sunday. Can you believe that?!
**Finally, use this translation tool if you wish to translate stuff from the Russian site above and learn more about table hockey. And the mentality of the Russians, telling the world how they impressed everyone in Oslo with their hockey this weekend, which sadly isn't true...
More coming up later...when I have the time, that is! :)

