<$BlogRSDUrl$>

tirsdag, juli 13, 2004

Sorry about being slow

Hello. The site has not been updated with English news now for some weeks or, in fact, months. This is due to (a) having a little 'un at home, (b) me doing other stuff and of course (c) it being summer, sunny (occasionally) and the temptation of imitating a wooden plank (ie lying flat out for long periods of time), beer in hand, being just too strong to resist at the moment.

My football team is on summer break. We have played ten games now; won three, lost seven, no draws. Not great, but we'll improve as august and september brings lots of what should be close, hard-fought games. For my own part I was sent off in our last match, so our first one after the summer will be without me, as I will be suspended. I'll join in shouting abuse and genital-related cuss words to the referee from the sidelines instead.

News from Norway? Well, at the moment there's very little happening here as the entire country is on summer holidays. I did however find the odd point of interest to share with you:
**A mentally disturbed and 'very dangerous' bank robber is on the loose over here after fleeing bail. He was serving a 12-year sentence before being given weekend leave last week, without having a guard accompanying him. Clever! Well done Norway!
**Footballer John Carew has signed for Turkish outfit Besiktas, thereby confirming that his status in European football has fallen drastically since being dumped by first Valencia, then Roma. Come home John, you don't need this!
**Sex in public is all the rage in Norway, apparently.
**...no doubt inspired by last week's big talking point, when a pair of hippies got their leg over, live on stage during a concert in front of 4000 people at the Quart music festival in Kristiansand. Not only that, but they were both butt ugly, too. My eyes! My eyes!
**Finally, the killer convicted of a murder that occurred not at all far from where I live was sentenced to 11 years in prison recently. That's good to know, I'm sure you'll all agree.

That's yer lot for now, more to come later, surely!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?