<$BlogRSDUrl$>

torsdag, juni 30, 2005

Hello. As you may remember, I mentioned that my team were about to play an important league match the other day. Well, I wish I hadn't, since we f-ed up. Lost 6-0, in fact, a terrible result. Thankfully, now there's no footy games for a month or so; instead I'll stay in shape through cycling. Yes, cycling - I just love it. Last year I was bitten bigtime by the sport and, having watched the entirety of the Tour de France went and bought a fantastic Vipera racer.

Now summer is here and I'm on the streets again. Last week I notched up some 100 kilometres - the aim for this summer is hitting four digits. That'll take some doing, but at least I'll be in terrific physical shape for the next half year of sitting in pubs, watching football on the telly and drinking beer, hehe.

Anyway, here's a brief newsflash:
**Progress Party ratings have remained at their usual 20 per cent even following clown-in-chief Carl I. Hagen's outburst against PM Kjell Magne Bondevik. The right-wing party look set for a saddeningly good election, although they usually lose at least five per cent as people start seeing sense towards election day.
**The famous Nidaros Cathedral in Trondheim sustained a fire last night inside the church without the fire alarm being set off. A potential disaster luckily was avoided - this is one of the most beautiful medival constructions in Northern Europe.
**Trond Sollied, our most talented football coach, has signed on for Greek outfit Olympiakos. He'll have a hell of a job remaining in his seat - the former coach was sacked at the end of last season despite winning a league and cup double. Sollied has won a stack of trophies with Club Brugge in Belgium and will surely look forward to taking his new team into the Champions League.
**A referee was kicked in the groin by an angry player - in a sunday league match. Yikes!
**In a much-publicised court case against the leaders of a particularly brutal Lithuanian prostitution mafia in Oslo, the defending attorney caused an uproar today, claiming that the prostitutes, who had been victims of daily raping from the accused, "shouldn't complain about being raped every once in a while - it's a fact of life in their line of work". Surely this evil prick must be a candidate for the top 10 Conservative Idiots of the week award?
**Finally, a Baptist pastor wins my "Bastard of the week" award for having attempted to embezzle half a million kroner - US$85,000 or UK£50,000 - of funds raised for the aid efforts in the aftermath of the Tsunami disaster. Burn in hell, maggot!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?